by: JB Bardot
July 25, 2012
[NaturalNews] Monosodium glutamate (MSG) is used in nearly all foods as a preservative or flavor enhancer. A toxic food additive, MSG creates a wide constellation of symptoms forcing victims to seek relief from side effects and allergic reactions. Minute amounts of MSG are found in everything that’s processed, even vegetables and organic milk. These relatively benign quantities are activated by heating during processing becoming noxious, and in some cases poisonous — causing dangerous health reactions when consumed.
Symptoms of MSG poisoning
The following are some of the symptoms you may develop from eating food laced with MSG. Headaches, numbness, dizziness, burning sensations in the neck and chest, tingling nausea, palpitations, elevated blood pressure, difficulty breathing, panic attacks, sleepiness, depression, confusion, cognitive disorder, and food cravings are common symptoms for sensitive people.
MSG can produce life-threatening, allergic reactions including hives, swelling of the face, tongue and throat preventing breathing, and causing anaphylaxis. This condition requires immediate medical attention.
Avoid processed and packaged foods, pre-cooked soups, salad dressings and sauces. Steer clear of restaurant foods, especially salad and hot bars. Most fermented foods such as soy sauce contain high levels of MSG. Skip Chinese and Asian food unless you make it yourself or know with absolute certainty that the restaurant doesn’t use MSG. Specifically request “no MSG” when ordering and consume foods freshly prepared for you with no additional sauces.